What affects professional makeup artist prices and what should you be paying for your makeup artist services?
Just like any profession, there are talented makeup artists and there are not so talented makeup artists.
There are makeup artists who are really really great at producing one style of makeup, but not so great at doing anything else.
When you’re booking your wedding makeup artists, what is most important is to find someone who is going to be the right fit for you!
I want to talk to you for a moment about prices and what you should be considered before selecting your makeup artist for your big day. Keep reading to find out a few reasons why makeup artist prices are what they are.
Why Do Makeup Artists Charge So Much? What Affects Makeup Artist Prices?
In this section, I will touch on several key factors to remember about your makeup artist prices and what you should remember affects the cost of doing business with a professional makeup artist.
#1 – On-Location Services
- The convenience of having your artist come right to your door.
# 2 – Quality Products
- Have you ever purchased makeup? The answer is likely yes and if so you know that makeup is not cheap.
- Makeup artists are expected and required to have top quality products available in every shade, texture and tone.
- It costs a lot of money to properly stock a full makeup kit and to have everything everyone could want.
# 3 – Cleanliness
- A great professional artist will keep their kit in top-notch condition.
- There is a lot of clean up, the work doesn’t stop for us when we are finished doing your makeup.
- Makeup has a shelf life, it does expire. Professional makeup artists will always keep their kits fresh and doing so is very expensive
Makeup artist prices can vary by huge amounts! In general, the more experienced the artist, the more they will be charging.
I always ask my brides… “How much money are you investing in your professional photography?” Typically everyone has a high budget for photography and practically no budget for the makeup which is the #1 thing that everyone is going to see in those expensive photos you’re paying for. Consider that when choosing the artist for your big day!